NTI Splits for Bruxism and Teeth Clenching
Bruxism is when you clench (tightly hold your top and bottom teeth together) or grind (slide your teeth back and forth over each other) your teeth. An NTI is a small oral splint used to treat headaches, TMJ disorder, and teeth grinding.
What is an NTI Split used for
- An NTI split is mainly used for treating bruxism or teeth grinding and clenching
- The treatment of certain types of TMD
- The prevention of occlusal trauma, e.g. protection of restorations and implants in cases of severe bruxism
- The prevention and treatment of chronic tension type headache and migraine pain
What are the Advantages of a NTI Splint?
- Excellent clinical results
- Extremely simple and fast chair side procedure: fabrication in 20 minutes; no delays or lab fees
- Excellent patient acceptance and compliance
- High diagnostic value
- Scientifically proven efficacy